RE: [squid-users] Proxy chaining

From: HUNT_STEVE <HUNT_STEVE@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2002 10:29:31 -0800

I have had the same problem. It seems to happen (for me) when I am doing an
HTTP POST to a webserver running on a non-standard port.

I am running Squid Version 2.4.STABLE3, which uses as a cache-peer a "Mighty
Stupid" proxy server on port 80, which itself routes through a NAT/firewall
thingy that blocks direct access to non-standard web ports. So I think that
Squid is trying to go direct for these POSTs, and they fail because that is
not allowed in our environment.

my cache_peer line
cache_peer MightyStupid.smc.edu parent 80 0 no-query no-digest

I do not have any always_direct or never_direct lines.

I tried commenting out this line which looked very promising:
#hierarchy_stoplist cgi-bin ?
but to no effect.

Steve Hunt
hunt_steve@smc.edu