Re: [squid-users] cygwin/squid DNS question

From: nick <trykde@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2002 23:31:12 -0500

Robert Collins wrote:

> Actually we have specific code in squid 2.5 and HEAD, and more in the
> pipeline, to make all the 'manual' inconsistencies go away. So if you
> want a more win32-like squid, try a 2.5 snapshot. Guido Serassio has
> also been putting a lot of work in on top of that to make a native squid
> for NT - which is coming along well. The difference between the Native
> squid and the cygwin one is a) the cygwin one runs on win9x, and
> supports helpers with unix sockets etc, and b) it's not as fast :].
>
> Rob

Rob, thanks for your reply and more generally your effort in the squid
porting. I will check out the latest one soon. You also mentioned that
the cygwin one isn't as fast. Do you have any exact figure? Or it's
something I can safely ignore given that the request load is not very heavy.

Thanks!
-nick