Re: [squid-users] compilation failed on HPUX 11.00

From: Simon White <simon@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 16:26:14 +0000

25-Mar-02 at 08:11, Bal Biyo (balbiyo@yahoo.com) wrote :
> We failed compiling squid-2.4 using gcc 3.0.4 on
> HPUX 11.00 with March 2001 General patch.
> Additionally, we also installed binutils 2.11.2 for
> the compiler dependencies. Then, tried HP
> ANSI/Ccompilers and we also failed. Is there anyone
> can give me a hints whywe failed the compilation?

gcc 3.* is not fully compliant with whatever 2.9.5 did, I have heard this
all over the place. I recommend using gcc 2.9.5, since the 2.9.6 branch is
buggy. See, for example, the mysql site for an interesting discussion on
the gcc problems. They recommend you download precompiled binaries (yes)
for Linux due to gcc issues.

I do not expect all software to compile with gcc 3.x series unless it
specifically says it can be.

> Attached is config.log and logs during make all.

No file attached.

--
[Simon White. vim/mutt. simon@mtds.com. GIMPS:54.85% see www.mersenne.org]
History is the version of past events that people have decided to agree