Re: [squid-users] Invalid URI ?

From: Simon White <simon@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2002 19:08:24 +0000

28-Mar-02 at 03:59, stuart (stuart@catjes.com.au) wrote :
> Hello,
> I am still trying to figure out what my squid is doing to my requests on
> redirection:
> I have turned debugging onto level 6, and watched what comes in, can
> someone explain if this is normal please
> A) the request is received as complete,
> B) The header stuff seems ok, Host : nlisdev.catjes.com.au
> C) URI is always / (seems to be stripping off the entire protocol:host
> line?)
> D) This results in an invalid url request which triggers the Invalid URL
> error page.
>
> Is this normal, what have I missed?

I'm no expert, but since this is urgent for you and no other responses are
coming in I'm taking another stab at this.

You are changing the text on STDIN ok, how can you be sure that it is
being piped back to Squid properly?

This webpage might help:
http://www.labyrinth.net.au/mel-nap/resource-index/squid/redirector.html

note the perl script includes a "print;" line at the end of the while
loop, and the page itself contains tips for redirectors.

I can't actually download their perl from the FTP site by the way, it
appears to be blocked. However, you can see an example if you scroll down
anyway.

--
[Simon White. vim/mutt. simon@mtds.com. GIMPS:57.31% see www.mersenne.org]
All this talk about everyone being connected to the Internet by the year