Re: [squid-users] regarding NTLM configuration on WinNT

From: Simon White <simon@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2002 19:10:33 +0000

27-Mar-02 at 08:58, Jigar Rasalawala (jrasalawala@fourelle.com) wrote :
> hi,
>
> I downloaded Squid 2.3 STABLE (binary ) for Windows NT. I also downloaded nt_auth.zip which provides nt_auth.exe and nt_auth.dll.
> I know squid cane be configured for authenticate_program and proxy_auth option. i created password file using htpasswd.exe.
> I do not have idea configuration parameter. how and for which domain squid will authenticate my user name and password ?

I have no ideas about Squid on NT. I run it on Linux... however, htpasswd
in Linux creates passwords for another kind of authentication. NTLM is a
challenge/response mechanism in NT, nothing to do with htpasswd (I think)

> I have a Q here..
>
> 1. I have IIS 4.0 web server which is running NTLM authentication ( not proxy-NTLM authentication ) for that site only. If i use
> squid as a proxy, will it work ?

I don't know. I bet you can get it to work, but I can't tell you how.

--
[Simon White. vim/mutt. simon@mtds.com. GIMPS:57.32% see www.mersenne.org]
Whenever I watch TV and see those poor starving kids all over the world, I