Re: [squid-users] question about squid

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2002 01:49:02 +0100

Short answer: Don't remove the comments from those lines. You do not
want to use these configuration directives.

Slightly longer answer: These directives is only enabled it Squid is
compiled for using the old (and less effective) dnsserver method for
resloving DNS names. See configure --help.

Additional answer: From squid-2.5 and onwards, squid.conf.default more
clearly indicates which configuration directives are enabled for use in
your binary, and which is dependent on a configure option when you built
Squid.

Regards
Henrik Nordström
Squid Developer