Re: [squid-users] multiple ports and multiple configs

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2002 01:38:26 +0100

It is up to you if you run one or two instances. Squid access control
primitives includes primitives to match which port the request was
accepted on, allowing you to build separate access controls for each
port if you like.

If you run two different instances then everything needs to be different
in each instance.
  - config file
  - ports (http_port, icp_port, snmp_port, ...)
  - cache
  - log files
  - pid file

Regards