Re: [squid-users] SUGGESTIONS! Attention Modulators!

From: Joe Cooper <joe@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2002 22:01:30 -0600

The other problem I've noticed in my years here (and perhaps equally
frustrating on other technical mailing lists, I just pay more attention
here):

Too few people bother to read the FAQ before posting. If I know the
question is a FAQ, and it doesn't say in the first couple lines of a
post "I read this entry in the FAQ, and did X, Y, and Z, but I still
have a problem" then I generally ignore the question altogether.
Leaving it to be answered by folks who are newer to the list (who may
not have yet seen the question a hundred times) or not answered at all.

I ignore them not out of rudeness, just an unwillingness to spend time
on folks who won't spend a little time trying to discover a solution for
themselves.

Just my .02 (more than anyone wanted in this case, probably). Just call
me the Grumpy Squid Nerd. (Hmmm...And Adrian can be Happy, Henrik is
Doc, Duane is Sleepy...Or maybe I'm pushing that too far.)

--
Joe Cooper <joe@swelltech.com>
http://www.swelltech.com