Re: [squid-users] Going through Firewall

From: Marc Elsen <marc.elsen@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2002 09:20:07 +0100

Bertus Keyser wrote:

> Hallo
>
> I have read through the faq and tried to search the mailing list archives
> but I cant find out which ports squid uses for receiving web page data. In
> my logs I can see data coming from web servers on port 80 to my local ip on
> port 1030, 1041 and numerous others. Which ports can actually be used on my
> proxy for this purpose? Is it possible to only make it use one port locally?

 No , because you are talking about different ip connections.
 That would confuse your ip stack.

 The receiving port is undefined, because you don't know
 the state of all the other connections, and the number of them on
 the first place.

 Firewalls using state full inspection, know about allowed connections
 if you define that your squid box, is allowed for http connections.

 It will block remote initiating connections to random ports on
 your squid box.

--
 'Time is a consequence of Matter thus
 General Relativity is a direct consequence of QM