Re: [squid-users] I want simple squid.conf for guide and what type of squid is appropriate?

From: 'Simon White' <simon@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2002 10:19:11 +0000

28-Mar-02 at 14:37, Morteza Kabiri (mokabiri@amolresaneh.com) wrote :
> Thanks for your mail,
> Now I start to learn Linux and config squid(for two weeks). now, I am
> reading step by step squid doc in squid site and also I see squid.conf
> default in /etc/ directory but I want to install squid quickly if I have
> Template of squid.conf I find many things quickly,

If you get squid, compile it following the instructions, there is a file
squid.conf (or squid.conf.default) created. Inside this file are the
configuration parameters, which are all well explained. For anything that
looks really complicated, ignore it... concentrate on http_access,
defining an acl for your network, and leave everything else default.

> About type of squid , my mean was squid.dev or squid.release or others?

As a beginner, always go for STABLE versions of squid, the most current
release, which I believe is Squid2.4STABLE6.

--
no sig