RE: [squid-users] Wildcards for filenames

From: Hermann Strassner <hermann.strassner@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2002 11:14:37 +0100

The regular expressions are *nix style regular expressions, not DOS
wildcards.
Try looking in an unix manual for help.

I think a dot means one or more occurence of preceding character.
The last ones is definetly wrong, you miss an ?.

> we want to prevent users from downloading ".exe"-files. One exception:
> Mcaffees virus definitions with name sdat4193.exe, sdat4194.exe may be
> accessed.
>
> If I deny all exe-files and allow
> - the file sdat4194.exe : this works fine for the "4194"-file
> - the file sdat*.exe : error for sdat4194.exe
> - the file sdat???.exe : error for sdat4194.exe
>
> I tried many other combinations of wildcards with no success.
> Error messages
> is:
>
> "Access control configuration prevents your request from being allowed at
> this time. Please contact your service provider if you feel this is
> incorrect. "
>

> How can I allow all files "sdatNNNN.exe"?

I think something like sdat[0-9]+\.exe.
But look for yourself, this way you will understand the mechanism.

Hermann