RE: [squid-users] Strange source-IP-addresses in access.log

From: Boosten, Peter <Peter.Boosten@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2002 12:52:38 +0100

# -----Original Message-----
# From: Hermann Strassner [mailto:hermann.strassner@hama.de]

# > I only discovered this,
# > because I wanted to know how many users share their
# username/password with
# > other users, so I checked usernames against different
# IP-addresses during
# > one day.
#
# There is a better way to do this: If you have
# authenticate_ip_ttl for an
# other value than 0, it will be reported in the cache.log when
# one account
# changes IP address.

We're going to implement that now. Even better with this option is the
nuisance it's going to be for the users (who share their account) to
reauthenticate
every 15 seconds :-)

Peter

Disclaimer
1. This e-mail is for the intended recipient only. If you have received it
by mistake please let us know by reply and then delete it from your system;
access, disclosure, copying, distribution or reliance on any of it by anyone
else is prohibited.

2. If you as intended recipient have received this e-mail incorrectly,
please notify the sender (via e-mail) immediately. This e-mail is
confidential and may be legally privileged. DSM does not guarantee that the
information sent and/or received by or with this e-mail is correct and does
not accept any liability for damages related thereto.