Re: [squid-users] transparent caching on solaris 8

From: Wyman Eric Miles <wymanm@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2002 05:58:52 -0600 (CST)

httpd_accel_host virtual
httpd_accel_port 80
httpd_accel_with_proxy on
httpd_accel_uses_host_header on

2.4STABLE4 (recently patched for the DNS bug).

I'm told that transparent caching of http://host:8080 URLs worked fine
with STABLE1. When I upgraded to STABLE4 (FTP and SNMP bugs), about a
month ago, it stopped.

I've kept the same config file as we've moved through various 2.4
releases.

On Thu, 28 Mar 2002, Henrik Nordstrom wrote:

> What is your httpd_accel_port setting?
>
> Which version of Squid are you using?
>
> Regards
> Henrik Nordström
>

> Wyman Eric Miles wrote:
>
> > My two NAT rules are:
> >
> > rdr iprb0 0.0.0.0/0 port 80 -> {ME} port 3128 tcp
> > rdr iprb0 0.0.0.0/0 port 8080 -> {ME} port 3128 tcp
> >
> > This configuration has been working for about two years now, through
> > various squid versions.
> >
> > Originally, transparent clients attempting to reach URLs of the form:
> >
> > http://www.remote.host:8080
> >
> > couldn't. It appears squid tried to reach remote.host:80 and was unable.
> > So, I bit the bullet and got the ipf transparency to work, left the
> > existing squid configuration alone, with no success.
> >
> > If I understand the code correctly, squid should find the client in the
> > NAT state table, divine that it's trying to reach IP:8080, and proxy the
> > request accordingly, correct? What am I missing?

Wyman Miles
Manager of Infrastructure, Rice University, Texas.
(713) 348-5827, e-mail:wymanm@rice.edu, pager:wymanm@pager.rice.edu