[squid-users] Authentication behind Squid

From: Eric Roby <Eric.Roby@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2002 15:20:38 -0600

We have squid 2.5 and Squirm configured and working about 95%. We are
using it as an accelerator for two backend origin servers. Each of the
backend servers have sections that require authentication. In one case,
the authentication works but any activity after that and Squid sends a
Access Denied ... "Access control configuration prevents your request
from being allowed at this time" error page. On the other server, the
processing of the login page gets a Squid error page with the same
notification.

I read through the documentation and FAQ last nite and it is not obvious
to me how I get past this issue. There is mention of setting up an
authentication service for Squid ... but we want each server to manage
and control their own access lists ... etc.

Any insight would be much appreciated...

Eric