Re: [squid-users] Wccp related question

From: Joe Cooper <joe@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2002 12:43:30 -0600

schazad choudary wrote:
> well as for me have studied all wccp configuration
> methods guide to configur squid with ipchains or some
> utuility which can redirect 80 port to 8080.
>
> but in my mind some where i have diffrent concept.i
> have run squid with wccp one time without it.
>
> Can any one guide how can i configure wccp without any
> redirection of port .

If you remember having setup Squid to operate transparently without port
redirection, then you have a good imagination (and not a good memory). ;-)

You have to redirect port 80 traffic to the local Squid port. This
isn't optional for transparent operation.

> well and what u suggest what is better.port
> redirection either in router or in squid.

Gotta do it locally, as far as I know. (Not in Squid, but on the
machine on which Squid is running at the network layer.)

Tha FAQ will get you started on this.

--
Joe Cooper <joe@swelltech.com>
http://www.swelltech.com