Re: [squid-users] SSL problem ... (Urgent)

From: Simon White <simon@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2002 10:39:05 +0000

28-Mar-02 at 15:51, Justin Hennessy (jhennessy@mitchamcouncil.sa.gov.au) wrote :
> Hi All,
>
> Can you tell me if Squid gives access to SSL sites be default.

Depends what your default is; I just compiled stock Squid with 2.4STABLE6
and it is indeed default to forward SSL connections, but this is rather
dependent on how you are setting up squid in the first place...
transparently, or as a manually set proxy? And what about the firewall,
does it allow the Squid box to go out on port 443? Etc etc

Simon

--
[Simon White. vim/mutt. simon@mtds.com. GIMPS:60.41% see www.mersenne.org]
Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails