[squid-users] unlinkd

From: Hermann Strassner <hermann.strassner@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2002 13:43:30 +0100

Hello!

Is it possible, that squid NT 2.3 stable 5 has a problem with unlinking
(deleting) files?

In my cache dir are always much more files (850.000) than cachemanager says
(650.000), and also as counted on startup in cache.log (650.000).
I deleted swap.state, so that the index is rebuild. Now the the numbers
correspond to the number of files in the cache dir (850.000). After that, i
stopped squid, and the number of files in the cache.log is the same as in
the beginning (650.000).

I think squid wanted to delete some files, but can not. Now the files are no
longer in the index, but on harddisk. This leads to my cache dir consuming
much more space than intended,

In a second test installation the behaviour is the same, just with much
lower numbers.

Hermann