Re: [squid-users] Wccp, Cache Lost

From: Awie <awie@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2002 18:06:40 +0800

AFAIK, the source of this problem is too HIGH CPU utilization of router or
L3 switch.

I have Cisco 2610 with overloaded VoIP traffic (120 voice ports) CPU reach
more than 100% and there were a lot of deferred packet. Then I found WCCP
could not hash and Cache lost. After I replaced router with Cisco 3620 the
CPU decrease to 60% and WCCP run very normally.

I think the easiest way to simulate high CPU is using low end router such as
1601 or 800 series with pretty heavy load. However... who will provide the
device? .... ;-)

Thx & rgds,

Awie