Re: [squid-users] always_direct oddities...

From: Michael K Bender <benderm@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 02 Apr 2002 11:05:14 -0500

krist@cistron.nl wrote:

> acl local-servers dstdomain nuon.local
> never_direct allow all
> always_direct allow local-servers
>
> (Yes, we _do_ use the .local TLD internally)
>
> The problem is that this does not work. All requests for local servers (names ending in nuon.local) get forwarded to the parent proxy nevertheless.

One problem may be that the first filter "never_direct allow all" is telling squid that all requests cannot be
served directly and must be matched. I'm pretty sure that once squid finds a match, it doesn't worry about
what comes after it. Maybe if you just switched the order of these two commands. And, use "acl local-servers
dstdomain .nuon.local" the extra "." will make squid match any host name that ends in .nuon.local

Mike

---
Marlboro System Administration
benderm@sels.rsc.raytheon.com