Re: [squid-users] always_direct oddities...

From: Squid Support (Henrik Nordstrom) <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2002 22:45:05 +0200

On Tuesday 02 April 2002 18:05, Michael K Bender wrote:

> One problem may be that the first filter "never_direct allow all"
> is telling squid that all requests cannot be served directly and
> must be matched. I'm pretty sure that once squid finds a match, it
> doesn't worry about what comes after it. Maybe if you just
> switched the order of these two commands. And, use "acl
> local-servers dstdomain .nuon.local" the extra "." will make squid
> match any host name that ends in .nuon.local

always_direct is always checked before never_direct. It does not
matter in which order these two directives are relative to each other.

for the processing of each directive, the order of rules of that
directive does matter. I.e. if you have two always_direct directives
then the order of these two does matter.

Mainly the only ordering requirements between directives of different
kind in squid.conf is that everything used by each directive must be
defined priorly. For example, acl definitions used by and
always_direct directive must be defined before they are used in
always_direct, or cache_peer must be defined before you set up
forwarding access controls for the peer usign cache_peer_access.

available on request