Re: [squid-users] I have problem with start squid?

From: Joe Cooper <joe@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 02 Apr 2002 13:25:38 -0600

Morteza Kabiri wrote:
> Hi, to all
>
> I install squid service in my linux redhat 6.2 with out installing manually,
>
> When I start my squid with command : *squid* ,I was encountered to this
> problem :
>
> 1.Fatal error: */Unknown cache_dir type ?/var/spool/squid?
> terminated abnormally/*, whereas this directory already exists.

The error has told you whats wrong--Squid expects to find a cache_dir
type, but instead received a directory name. You've upgrade from a 2.2
Squid without making the necessary changes to your squid.conf file. The
cache_dir line should now look like:

cache_dir ufs /var/spool/squid 100 16 256

> Also I have problem with my network adapter as:
>

> 2.I install it and config ip address by command:*netconfig* but whenever
> I start linux it */lost/* its *ip* and */lost/* its *module (rtl8139.o)*
>
> What do I do?

Ask the same question on a Linux newbies list. The topic of discussion
on this list is Squid and Squid-related issues. Squid has no impact on
your network adaptor or module. Besides, only a portion of us here are
Linux users--you'll find a better pool of experts who can help you with
Linux-related issues on a Linux specific list.

--
Joe Cooper <joe@swelltech.com>
http://www.swelltech.com