Re: [squid-users] Squid, Transparent, and Seawall

From: Simon White <simon@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2002 10:22:40 +0000

02-Apr-02 at 16:20, Quintin Giesbrecht (quinting@hsd15.ca) wrote :
> It seems that when I run seawall, all my squid transparent configuration
> is forgotten...and then I have no web access :(

Your transparent configuration is probably not directly affected by
seawall, it is more likely that your seawall ruleset does not allow
browsing to work.

You need to have rules to allow all surfers access to port 3128, 8080 or
whatever you use for proxying, plus rules to allow Squid out to the net on
port 80. Replies will always come back on high ports, but if the
connection is established on the correct port then seawall should know the
connection is already established legally and thus allow replies back to
Squid, and to the clients.

I don't know seawall. Is it a commercial product? Which platform are you
running on? More info would help.

--
[Simon White. vim/mutt. simon@mtds.com. GIMPS:61.19% see www.mersenne.org]
It is impossible to sharpen a pencil with a blunt axe. It is equally vain