[squid-users] Transparent proxy without using accelerator?

From: favian ee <eefavian@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2002 02:29:41 +0100 (BST)

Thanks, Henrik, for your help with clarifying the problem with running Squid as a proxy and accelerator simultaneously.

I need to use Squid as a transparent proxy with URL redirection but the FAQ and squid.conf tell me that to do so, I have to enable Squid proxy as well as the accelerator. Unfortunately Squid gets confused when they're used concurrently.

Is there any way I can get around this without using option (b) (see previous mail below)?

Thanks,
Favian

P.S. I'm using 2.4.STABLE4

Previous mail:
Not sure if I have answered this already..

You are correct. Squid will be confused if it is both used as an
accelerator and proxy and the proxy client is requesting a
accelerated site..

There is two ways out

a) Tell your proxy clients not to use Squid as a proxy for the
accelerated sites (the no-proxy for domains setting in your browser)

b) Use a redirector helper to mimic the accelerator redirection on
proxied requests for the accelerated domains.