Re: [squid-users] two siblings

From: <smiles@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2002 11:39:23 +0200 (CEST)

I have also a configuration question

i have a network looking like this

        [a big very good cache]

       / \
      /parent \parent
     / \

[my cache.1] <-- siblings --> [my cache.2]

is that correct ? my siblings are proxy-only (50GB each)
should i use a big parent in both my siblings or in only one ?
fetches from parent are duplicated in my siblings

should i use digest in my siblings or not (when icp query arrived to the
sibling the object is refreshed because of icp_hit_stale on, but when i get
the object (known from digest) it isn't refreshed (right ? )

use digest and icp together ?

and is that really correct that the siblings have so small transfer ?
i use proxy-only and icp_hit_stale to prevent of duplicating of cached
objects, each cache have about 5000 hits per minute (average)
and max 8kb ? how to check if this sibling relationship is working
correctly ? and whitch configuration is the best for me ? (some parents and
siblings in the nearby and my two caches)

Thans for help

smiles :)