Re: [squid-users] two siblings

From: Marc Elsen <marc.elsen@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 04 Apr 2002 13:41:42 +0200

"smiles@poczta.fm" wrote:

> I have also a configuration question
>
> i have a network looking like this
>
> [a big very good cache]
>
> / \
> /parent \parent
> / \
>
> [my cache.1] <-- siblings --> [my cache.2]
>
> is that correct ? my siblings are proxy-only (50GB each)
> should i use a big parent in both my siblings or in only one ?

 The thing is , that I don't believe in this conceptual setup
 in the first place.
 The question is somewhat 'forced' especially if cache.1 and cache.2
 tend to serve the same user community in the sens of 'web
 interested content'

 I tend to believe that sibling relationships are only usefull
 between different user communities /sites for caches, but that
 on the other hand, some trust can be maintained between the
 2 sites...

 M.