Re: [squid-users] Another ACL Question

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 05 Apr 2002 11:55:06 +0200

Marc-Christian Petersen wrote:

> Is it possible to have ACL's based on Users to do ftp put and ftp get?

Yes, except that most users is not at all capable to do FTP PUT thru
Squid..

(it is possible with Netscape 4.x. Maybe other browsers. But not MS IE)

> I want to restrict some users to only able to do ftp put, other ones only do
> ftp get, another ones both of them and all others NONE of them.

> Is that possible? And if yes, and i think so :) how? Can anyone be so kind to
> help me with that?

You would combine ACLs of types
   proxy_auth (or src, depending on what your notion of user in terms of
Squid is)
   protocol FTP
   method GET or PUT

http_access and's all listed acl's together

  http_access allow|deny acl1 acl2 acl3 ...

is only executed if all of the listed ACL's is true.

the first found executed http_access rule determines if the request is
to be allowed or denied.