Re: [squid-users] Another ACL Question

From: Simon White <simon@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2002 09:35:34 +0000

05-Apr-02 at 11:30, Marc-Christian Petersen (m.c.p@gmx.net) wrote :
> Is it possible to have ACL's based on Users to do ftp put and ftp get?
>
> I want to restrict some users to only able to do ftp put, other ones only do
> ftp get, another ones both of them and all others NONE of them.

This is usually done on a file permissions basis on the FTP server, based
on a login, rather than from Squid.

You can allow or deny FTP as a protocol in general with Squid, but bear in
mind also that Squid is not an FTP proxy but rather an FTP gateway.

--
[Simon White. vim/mutt. simon@mtds.com. GIMPS:61.60% see www.mersenne.org]
Note to experienced users: Please don't encourage anti-support behavior.