Re: [squid-users] Wccp, Cache Lost

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 05 Apr 2002 22:26:37 +0200

Awie wrote:

> Joe, Henrik, Adrian, (and many others) are the experts that help me a lot to
> solve some problems (thanks to all of you). I am sure if you explain them
> the everything you have (device, link, configuration, diagram, etc) clearly,
> they will can help you.

If we want all this information then we will ask for it.

What we really need is the help of someone who have the problem, can
mess around with their CISCO router, and who know some C programming and
can understand the WCCPv1 internet draft to help debugging the problem.
As Joe said, none of the developers can reproduce the problem so it is
damn hard for us to do anything about it. If there is such a person then
I should perhaps mention that we also could do with some help to
implement WCCPv2.

The WCCP internet drafts (both V1 and V2) can be found from www.wrec.org
and numerous other places.

Question on the C code implementing WCCPv1 in Squid can be sent to
squid-dev@squid-cache.org.