Re: [squid-users] Solaris's Network Cache Accelerator and Squid

From: <michael.speer@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2002 20:13:18 -0800 (PST)

Joe:

Network Cache accelerator enables in kernel http serving with callout to user
level processes when a file in not in the in kernel cache. It significantly
boosts web serving performance, it possibly could do the same for squid,
since squid needs to delivery web content via http. An API and document for
this feature of Solaris 8 is available on the Sun website.

I just trying to find out if the squid community was aware of its existence and
whether anybody was interesting in making squid run ontop of it.

Michael