Re: [squid-users] Error "Zero Sized Reply" when searchinghttp://oth.net

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 06 Apr 2002 01:04:03 +0200

Adam wrote:

> Ok, I have modified my mail settings to wrap at 80 characters .. Thanks for
> reminding me, I've been meaning to do that for a while .. Anyhow, what I still
> don't understand is why some users are able to search oth.net fine through
> Squid, and others cannot .. I agree that oth.net is definitely doing something
> weird, but there must be some work-around setting for Squid that can make it
> work, otherwise no Squid user would be able to use the site's search engine ..
> Like I said before, the site works fine if I just use IE to connect to it
> without Squid, but having IE connect directly to the internet just isn't a good
> idea (imho) .. Any ideas for a possible workaround?

Tried talking to the webmaster of oth.net? Quite often webmasters are
helpful in trying to diagnose why the site cannot be used if asked the
correct questions.

Would guess they are running some kind of IDS system or firewall going
amok or something similar.

Have seen this kind of behavior before on some other server. Never fully
understood what those servers are running that makes them behave in this
antisocial manner.

This clearly is not a Squid caused problem.