Re: [squid-users] regarding SEARCH method testing

From: Colin Campbell <sgcccdc@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2002 12:18:11 +1000 (EST)

Hi,

On Tue, 9 Apr 2002, Jigar Rasalawala wrote:

> hi, again
>
> I know format for SEARCH method from example.
> but I do not know how does it look like for my environment.
>
> request looks like this:
>

> SEARCH /vroot/folder/ HTTP/1.1
> <?xml version="1.0"?>
> <D:searchrequest xmlns:D = "DAV:">
> <D:sql>
> SELECT "DAV:contentclass", "DAV:displayname"
> FROM "/vroot/folder/"
> WHERE "DAV:ishidden" = false
> AND "DAV:isfolder" = false
> </D:sql>
>
> now what to do ? any help appriciated..

You could start by just seeing if squid passes the SEARCH request to the
server. Assuming the server is my.server.com, you could try:

        telnet proxy 3128
        SEARCH http://my.server.com/vroot/folder/ HTTP/1.1
        <nl>
        <nl>

and see what you get. If you get a response from my.server.com you can be
fairly sure that squid has passed the request through. If squid complains
you know it didn't work - there's something wrong with squid.

Colin