Re: [squid-users] Access.log Problem

From: Rafael Arteaga M. <rarteaga@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2002 18:29:04 -0500

> "Rafael Arteaga M." wrote:
>
> > Well you see, I think the queries are reaching Squid, becuase acl
> > restrictions are working fine....
> > But as I said they are not logged into access.log
>
> A quick check is to run "squid -k debug", and then see if there is
> traces of the request activity in cache.log.. There will be a lot of
> output in cache.log so search for the requested URL.
>
> If it is a bug then you are the first of countless installations
> experiencing it.
>
> What do your log rotation cron job look like? (I assume you are not
> running "squid -k rotate" by hand...)
>

> Regards
> Henrik

Hello Henrik,

Thank you for the advice... But there is something I don't understand,
"squid -k rotate" is a command I have to put in a cron job as part of the
installation??... Or is it a good idea to keep a working squid service??...

Installation instructions say nothing about cron jobs for squid.....
/etc/logrotate/squid has the command "squid -k rotate", witch is done
weekly....

How does your cron job about squid looks like??... Do you do it daily??

Regards
Rafa...