RE: [squid-users] [Squid-Users] Specifications for HW per no of users

From: Hermann Strassner <hermann.strassner@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 14:26:30 +0200

I do not understand you. It does not depend on the amount of users, but on
the bandwith they use, or, better, on the number of HTTP requests. I am in a
corporate environment with high load through 500 100Mb LAN users, so i do
not have knowledge about the habits of your users (i am not an ISP).

Normal processor, > 1 GHz, (Squid does not benefit from ultra high speed
processors)
1 drive for OS
1 or 2 drives for cache, SCSI, low latency, max 1/2 of the size for cache,
1/2 empty
as much memory as you can afford
   (30 GB cache_dir, 64 MB cache_mem = 512 MB
    60 GB cache_dir, 128 MB cache_mem = 1 GB)

This is a near high performance cache.

Hermann