[squid-users] squid & IE 5.x Problem?

From: Tim Bergen <mostlyharmlessnj@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2002 19:29:01 -0400

Hi all,

I'm using Squid-Cache 2.4.STABLE4 on a LM 8.2 box. All the clients are
Windows 9x, NT, 2000 and I'm experiencing some problems with the IE 5.x
users.

For some reason every day, the settings for Use Proxy Server are
Unchecked in all the IE users setups. I don't know about Netscape
users, they have not complained. Has anyone else experienced this? Or
anyone have any kind of script I can run at boot up that will check this
box off automatically if it's not? I love squid, and this is the first
time I've experneiced this problem. This didn't happen when I was using
  Novell's Border Manager.