[squid-users] Re: Squid and QoS question

From: Henrik Nordström <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2002 14:18:21 +0200

Squid-2.5 has the capability to mark outgoing connections with a QoS/diffserv
value, based on ACL checks in squid.conf.

It cannot currently set QoS/diffser marks on return traffic to the client.
Technically this can be added, but is not likely to happen unless someone
needing the feature sponsors the development of it.

What Suqid has is builtin bandwidth limitation features very similar to what
you are after. See delay_pools.

Regards
Henrik Nordström
Squid Developer