[squid-users] squid dead but subsys locked

Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2002 22:30:54 +0200

Hi people,

I hope someone can help me out on this one.

Config
=====
Running Red Hat 7.2 on a P3 1Ghz with 512 Meg RAM. Squid 2.4 Stable 3

Cache is UFS and 20 Gig. Using Iptables to make squid a transparent proxy
receiving forwarded requests from our Cisco Router.

The problem
=========

Squid suddenly stopped taking requests. When I look at the cache.log I can
see that squid seems to die when it is setting the cache directory to the
directory stipulated in the config file. It has been working fine for over a
month with that directory.

When I do a squid status, I get:

squid dead but subsys locked
squid: ERROR: No running copy

I am a total loss on this one. Can anyone lend a hand please?

Thanks

Chris