[squid-users] enable-async-io on Linux

From: steve small <stevenleesmall@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2002 18:47:18 +0000

Thanks to everybody for answers to my previous question.

I'm planning of course to test this, but wanted to get some feedback on
experience with the enable-async-io option on Linux. Various sources seem
to imply that it's buggy on Linux; the Squid FAQ indicates that it only
provides a performance benefit on heavily used caches. Any thoughts about
the stability of Squid with async-io (which uses pthreads) on Linux on
2.4STABLE6, and whether you see a significant performance gain with it
turned on?

Thanks!