Re: [squid-users] squid.rpm and configure option

From: Squid Support (Henrik Nordstrom) <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2002 13:16:26 +0200

Simon White wrote:

> Might I suggest you try to get hold of a more recent RPM too, since I
> think the delay pools implementation has improved in the 2.4 branch.

There is no improvements in delay pools IIRC, but quite many other bugfixes.
Squid-2.3 shuld not be run in production unless one has carefully made sure
all bugfixes from Squid-2.4 has been carefully backported and you don't need
any help in running your Squid. The "officially supported" version on
squid-users is always the latest STABLE release (currently 2.4.STABLE6), and
you should at least be running the same main version (currently 2.4).

Note: Not all bugfixes are mentioned on the known bugs pages. There quite
likely is fixes during the development of a new version (i.e. 2.3->2.4) that
never get backported in the previous versions.

Once a new STABLE branch has been started, the developers no longer look at
the older versions. In fact, most developers don't even look at what is the
current STABLE version but only at the current development version (currently
what will become Squid-2.6).

Basic free Squid support provided thanks to MARA Systems AB
Your source of advanced reverse proxy solutions or customized
Squid solutions. http://www.marasystems.com/products/