Re: [squid-users] OT what to do now ? stuck !!!

From: Simon White <simon@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 14:28:38 +0000 (WET)

On Mon, 22 Apr 2002, faisal gillani wrote:

> well i thaught squid will do both things for me i mean act as a proxy
> server for both my web pages & as a internet gateway "also be able to
> use app like realaudio , video confrecing ,aol messenger etc..." but
> reading the FAQ tell me that it doesnt .. so ? can you tell me what
> other server i need with squid to perform these task .. & replace me
> Ms ISA server ?

ISA server is a firewall/proxy solution. So you need a firewall. If Squid
is your default gateway to the Internet, you simply need to make your
Squid linux box into a router by doing:

echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward

or similar, depending on what you are running Squid on. You didn't say, I
can't guess.

You may also need to add some firewall rules, if you're using Linux then
look around the web for ipchains or iptables.

--
Simon White