Re: [squid-users] can squid bypass few ips!

From: Graeme Wood <Graeme.Wood@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 15:30:13 +0100 (BST)

On Mon, 22 Apr 2002, Henrik Nordstrom wrote:

> Recommendation: Make use of proxy autoconfig scripts. This way you have a
> central point of distribution where the browser proxy configuration is set,
> and the customer will at most need to restart his browser when there is
> changes..

Unless the browser happens to be Internet Explorer, in which case it will
hardly ever, if ever, reread the file once it has read it. The only way I
have found to get it to reliable do it is to get IE to delete all offline
content. If someone can tell me different, I would be very grateful.

Cheers.

Graeme Wood Email: Graeme.Wood@ed.ac.uk
Unix Systems Support Phone: +44 131 650 5003
The University of Edinburgh Fax: +44 131 650 6552