Re: [squid-users] can squid bypass few ips!

From: <christian.schoeniger@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 17:36:10 +0200

there's an option telling IE to search for new versions of requested
files. seems like you set this to "never"

Graeme Wood schrieb:

> On Mon, 22 Apr 2002, Henrik Nordstrom wrote:
>
> > Recommendation: Make use of proxy autoconfig scripts. This way you have a
> > central point of distribution where the browser proxy configuration is set,
> > and the customer will at most need to restart his browser when there is
> > changes..
>
> Unless the browser happens to be Internet Explorer, in which case it will
> hardly ever, if ever, reread the file once it has read it. The only way I
> have found to get it to reliable do it is to get IE to delete all offline
> content. If someone can tell me different, I would be very grateful.
>
> Cheers.

> Graeme Wood Email: Graeme.Wood@ed.ac.uk
> Unix Systems Support Phone: +44 131 650 5003
> The University of Edinburgh Fax: +44 131 650 6552

Christian Schöniger, SYSADM,  FES GmbH - Fahrzeug-Entwicklung Sachsen
phone: +49 375 56 60 254 fax: +49 375 56 60 319 http://www.fes-aes.de
------========> God is real, unless declared integer. <========------