[squid-users] NTLM authentication with Squid-2.5.PRE6

From: Jigar Rasalawala <jrasalawala@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 13:08:55 -0700

hi, guys

I am running Squid-2.5.PRE6 on RedHat 7.1. I am using NTLM authentication to
authenticate user.
Squid is configured for NT-domain TEST. There is trust relationship between
TEST and TEST1
domains.

Trust relationship between 2 domains means user from domain TEST or TEST1
can access resources
in etheir domain.

I am trying to send HTTP request from a computer

Computer-Name : RASALAWALA
Domain : TEST1
user name : jrasalawala
OS - WinNT 4.0, IE 5.5
PDC - TEST1-PDC

to squid. Squid authenticates user "jrasalawala" from domain TEST1.
because of trust relationship between TEST and TEST1, It works fine.

squid.conf looks like this,

auth_program ntlm program /usr/local/squid/libexec/ntlm_auth TEST/TEST-PDC
auth_program ntlm children 5
acl password proxy_auth REQUIRED
http_access allow password

I wanted to authenticate only user "jigar" of domain TEST, I made some
change in squid.conf file
now squid.conf looks like

auth_program ntlm program /usr/local/squid/libexec/ntlm_auth TEST/TEST-PDC
auth_program ntlm children 5

acl password proxy_auth jigar
http_access allow password

Since I am logged in as "jrasalawala/TEST-1" user, browser should pop-up
authentication box
which asks username, password , domain name.

But in this case, I am directly getting access denied from squid.

I hope you understood my Q.

What's wrong with squid configuration ?

Thanks
Jigar