[squid-users] elapsed time and keepalives (reverse proxy)

From: Eric D. Hendrickson <edh@dont-contact.us>
Date: 22 Apr 2002 15:37:11 -0500

The Squid log file records the elapsed time of the transaction. This
is documented as the time from accept() to close() of the client
connection. Two questions:

1. Does this include the time taken for "sub-objects" of a page?
e.g. a request for a .html file with images embedded - does the
elapsed time recorded in the log file reflect just the time taken for
the HTML to be transferred or does that also include the time to load
the embedded images? (It would not be cumulative of course, since
they would likely be loading simultaneously for at least some of the
time.)

2. I will be using Squid with Silverstream and I need to use
keepalives. How does the elapsed time recorded in the log file work
with keepalives, since the client connection doesn't get ever close()?
(or at least, not as usual...)

Sorry if these are repeat questions, I tried to search Google and the
squid-users archive for these answers.

Thanks!
Eric