Re: [squid-users] Send Request from original IP

From: Colin Campbell <sgcccdc@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2002 09:25:18 +1000 (EST)

Hi,

On Mon, 22 Apr 2002, Moslem Saleh wrote:

> Hi,
> I don't know if this question answered before or not.
> Is it possible to configure squid to send request to some destination hosts
> with original IP from client.
> I mean I don't want to send my squid-proxy's IP as client IP for destination
> web server.
> I hope my explanation be clear enough.
>
> Any idea appreciated

You can have squid include the client IP in the HTTP request header by
ensuring you have "forwarded_for" set to "on". That will make squid
include

in the HTTP header.

If you want the IP packet sorce address to be the browser ip address then
don't let the browser use squid for those web sites. Make the browser go
direct.

Colin