Re: [squid-users] elapsed time and keepalives (reverse proxy)

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2002 01:22:04 +0200

"Eric D. Hendrickson" wrote:

> Yes that is a problem... can I measure elapsed time on a URL (page)
> basis? e.g. all objects within that page (object)?

A URL identifies a single object, not a whole page.

HTTP do not have a notion of "page". HTTP do not at all care how content
are linked together, to HTTP it is the same thing if a link is something
you click on, or a inlined image or stylesheet, all are simply other
URL's linked from the first by it's content. HTTP do not know while
processing the first request that it links to other URL's, only when
seeing the requests for these other URLs is the linkage revealed to HTTP
by the Referer header.