[squid-users] squid_ldap_auth doesn't work

From: Michael Steder <michael.steder@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu Apr 25 03:11:20 2002

Hello,

I try to install a squid-Proxy with LDAP-authentication.

I can do a ldapsearch like
 ldapsearch -x -b "o=me" -D "cn=proxyuser,ou=service,o=me" -w proxypass "(cn=user)"

sucessfully on two different LDAP-Server (a Linux and a NLDAP machine).

But the squid_ldap_auth doesn't work with the same parameters for binddn and
bindpasswd.
SASL doesn't work, i have to use the x flag to search, but squid_ldap_auth uses simple
authentification, too. So, that shouldn't be the problem.

Do you have an idea which is the most frequent problem, causing this ?

Thanks a lot,

 Michael

Linomail - Dein Briefkasten im Internet.
http://www.geolino.de