[squid-users] DNS names in src/dst ACLs

From: Alain Delava (Trasys) <alain.delava@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2002 12:11:41 +0200

Hi there,

I use SQUID2.4-STABLE6 and a fiew acls like :

acl no_auth_ip src /usr/local/squid/acls/no_auth_ips.acl

(...)

The "no_auth_ips.acl" contains a list of ip addresses (one per line) of
clients that can use the proxy without authentication (that's not the
point :)

That works fine but I would like to use DNS names of the clients instead
of IPs... something like

acl blabla src machine.domain.com

or a file containing machine FQDNs instead of IPs.

Is it possible ? I have made a few unsuccessfull tests on an older
(2.4-ST1) version...

Thanks
Alain