Re: [squid-users] DNS names in src/dst ACLs

From: Simon White <simon@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2002 10:20:15 +0000

25-Apr-02 at 12:11, Alain Delava (Trasys) (alain.delava@trasys.be) wrote :
> That works fine but I would like to use DNS names of the clients instead
> of IPs... something like
>
> acl blabla src machine.domain.com
>
> or a file containing machine FQDNs instead of IPs.

# acl aclname srcdomain .foo.com ... # reverse lookup, client IP
# acl aclname dstdomain .foo.com ... # Destination server from URL
# acl aclname srcdom_regex [-i] xxx ... # regex matching client name
# acl aclname dstdom_regex [-i] xxx ... # regex matching server

What happened to your squid.conf for you to miss that?

--
[Simon White. vim/mutt. simon@mtds.com. GIMPS:88.59% see www.mersenne.org]
It's amazing how some people can put their foot in their mouth with their