Re: [squid-users] Unsupported method 'Cookie:'

From: Squid Support (Henrik Nordstrom) <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 2 May 2002 00:46:39 +0200

The request parsing screwed up, seeing a request header (Cookie:)
when expecting a request method (GET/POST etc..)

Reason: A bug somewhere. Either in the web browser or in Squid.
Unless I get a network request trace showing otherwise I will assume
the bug is in the web browser (there is too many bugs in most web
browsers)

In all my testing these requests are logged in access.log as follows:
1020292867.280 9 192.168.1.54 NONE/400 1170 NONE
error:unsupported-request-method - NONE/- text/html

Hmm.. found one case when the request is not logged: Pipelined
request.

Possible workaround:
pipeline_prefetch off

Regards
Henrik Nordström

On Thursday 02 May 2002 00:13, Chandrasekhar KRISHNAN wrote:
> Greetings.
>
> I've been noticing hundreds of these errors in my cache.log:
>
> parseHttpRequest: Unsupported method 'Cookie:'
> clientReadRequest: FD 19 Invalid Request
> clientSendMoreData: Deferring error:unsupported-request-method
>
> Just curious who is sending this method. Does anybody have a clue
> or noticed the same thing? For some reason, these requests aren't
> being logged in access.log. Can somebody tell me why?
>
> squid-2.4.STABLE2, FreeBSD 4.4
> TIA,
> Chandrasekar

Your source of advanced web reverse proxying solutions
http://www.marasystems.com/producs/