Re: [squid-users] Problem to search in amazon

From: Squid Support (Henrik Nordstrom) <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 2 May 2002 20:13:06 +0200

Joe Cooper wrote:

> Many problems are attributable to time-hack. I don't think truncate has
> any bad side effects, but performance is worse with it under Linux (in
> my experience...some Linux filesystems may behave differently). And I
> suspect it isn't nearly as well tested as leaving it at the default.

The bad side effect of --enable-truncate is that the inode usage gets doubled
in some conditions.. this can make the inode usage too high for the
filesystem if the cache gets populated with many small files..

--
Basic free Squid support provided thanks to MARA Systems AB
Your source of advanced reverse proxy solutions or customized